Monday, August 11, 2008

Love is...(part two, a.k.a. ahem, bullshit)

Thursday night was fun, went to Libertine with a homey. That place has so much potential, just so many dudes. Why not, it's free to get in, no dress code, yadayadayada. DJs spin good house music.

I drove home back to Thousand Oaks. Slept in until 10:30am. Didn't work much. Left for Fresno around 5pm.

Weekend was good, my niece is a funny kid. She's a real moody kid. If she's not in the mood, then forget it, she's a handful. Otherwise she's real cute and has a lot of personality. She tries to act 13 but she's only 2.

Last night, I was on Skype with the girlfriend.

"Do you love me? No? Well I'm giving you 2 years to figure it out."

I did my infamous fake crying, said I was sleepy and demanded to log off so I can rest.

I woke up realizing that the honeymoon is over. She wants to get past the stage of infatuation, and wants some type of reassurrance that this is not just a physical relationship. I can't lie to her. I respect her too much.

So when she arrives here on the 14th, I'm going to make her take a pregnancy test. (Knock on wood.)

Then I'm going to have to break it off, and tell her that "we will remain very good friends and that's it."

I thought that she was a young girl just wanting to have fun. I guessed wrong, she's a mature 25 year old who wants security, stability, and to settle down.

I'm a 30 year old who is still soul searching who wants a paid dime piece to take me shopping, massage my back, and wine and dine me.

No comments: